Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Student Success Spotlight - Candi B.

Candi B. was working as an assistant manager of a small retail store for eight years when she decided it was time to go back to school and pursue a new career. Her sister had graduated from Dorsey Schools and had a positive experience, so Candi enrolled in Dorsey’s Medical Administration & Billing program in the fall of 2010. 

“I hadn't been in school since 1982, and I didn't know what to expect,” she says, “but, Dorsey has helped me in a lot of ways. Not only with the school work, but also with my self esteem. They helped me to see my potential. I was then able to set goals – I had no clue before I came to Dorsey.”

She completed her Medical Administration and Billing externship at St. John Hospital Administrative Offices for Accretive Health – and was offered a full-time position when she graduated.

Candi says, “I never pictured myself working in an office, and at first, I was very nervous. I am pleased with my new career and I love sitting at a desk and being involved in the medical billing process.”

On her externship, Candi gained experience not only in medical billing for government and non-government payors, but also in the billing system, patient accounting system, correcting denials and following up on claims. She completed the year-long Medical Administration and Billing program in September.

“My life is on track and I am so happy,” Candi says. “People are telling me that I look good, and it's because I feel complete. Thank you Dorsey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment